First-time Private Affairs Visa Application, Extension, Replacement, and Reissue
Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau Huangpu Sub-bureau
|Legal time limit||20 working days||Committed
|one working day|
|Click here to make an appointment||Processing
|process online or at designated offline sites|
For the holder of a visa who must apply for a residence permit, please apply to the exit and entry administration departments of the public security department under the local people's government at or above the county level in the place of their stay for a residence permit within 30 days of entry to China.
Where to apply: window for documents of expats, Zone B, 2nd floor, Guangzhou Development District Administrative Service Center, Huangpu District, Guangzhou (广州市黄埔区广州开发区政务服务中心2楼B区境外人员证件专窗)
Address: window for documents of expats (No.240), Zone B, 2nd floor, No.3, Xiangxue 3rd Road, Huangpu District, Guangzhou (广州市黄埔区香雪三路3号2楼B区境外人员证件专窗（240号窗）)
Office Tel: 020-12345
Office hours: working days: 9:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00 (In statutory holidays, office hours shall be determined in accordance with relevant regulations.)
Bus: Take Bus No.366, 395, 506, 508, 534, 573, 575, 943 or 944 and get off at Luogang Shimin Square Station (萝岗市民广场站); alternatively, take bus No.327, 391, 392, 395, 506, 508, 534, 575, 943, 944A, 944, 948, B24, or Science City Bus No.3 and get off at GZ International Sports and Entertainment Center North Entrance Station (演艺中心北门站).
Metro: Take Guangzhou Metro Line 6, get off at Luogang Station (萝岗站), and then use Exit C.
1. A completed Visa/Stay Permit/Residence Permit Application Form stamped by the inviting agency and signed by the applicant
2. A valid passport or other official papers for international travel
3. A valid Registration Form of Temporary Residence
4. A 35x49mm ID photo with blue background, and a valid Receipt for a China Visa Photograph for Foreigners in Guangdong Province (广东省外国人签证数字相片采集检测回执) signed by the applicant
5. For applicants under the age of 18, please provide materials required for the nationality examination
6. Proof of the visited person's identification
7. Proof of family relationship
8. Proof of family relationship with the visited person
9. A certificate of hospitalization or medical services
10. For overseas Chinese at or above the age of 60 who have purchased house property in China, please provide relevant supporting materials
11. For other kinds of applicants, please provide supporting materials relevant to handling private affairs
12. Supporting materials relevant to the proposal of entrepreneurship or start-up
13. The proof of good health
14. A letter issued by the visited person
15. Overseas Chinese who visit family members in Guangdong and expect a long stay can apply for a Residence Permit with a maximum duration of 5 years. Please provide supporting materials relevant to their foreign nationalities.
16. Valid entry-exit documents of the employer and foreign servant
17. Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talent
18. An application letter, employment contract, and guarantee letter issued by the employer
19. A financial guarantee and personal accident insurance
20. A graduate certificate issued by a higher education institution in China (including Hong Kong and Macao)
21. Supporting materials relevant to the foreign nationality of the applicant
22. For overseas Chinese at or above the age of 70 with neither kin nor house property whose relatives or friends are willing to take care of him or her, please provide the guarantee letter and living expense certificate of their relatives or friends (Shenzhen)
23. A certificate of house property
1. The fee for a Residence Permit valid less than one year: 400 RMB.
2. The fee for a Residence Permit valid for one year to three years: 800 RMB.
3. The fee for a Residence Permit valid for three years to five years: 1,000 RMB.
Legal assistance available or not: No.
(Note: The text above is a translation of the Chinese version for reference only. In case of any discrepancy between the two versions, the original published Chinese version shall prevail.)